No Textbook Purchases Required!
Prince George’s Community College launched its PGCC Go Open program in 2019 to help make education more affordable for students. Also known as Z-Courses, faculty use Open Educational Resources (OERs) instead of requiring students to purchase textbooks.
Open Educational Resources are any type of educational materials that are in the public domain or introduced with an open license. Anyone can legally and freely copy, use, adapt, and share them. Z-courses are taught using a variety of materials which may include lecture notes, projects, audio, video and animation.
Lower costs for students means less stress and greater success!
Faculty can find more OER information and resources in the myPGCC portal under College Resources.
Z-Courses by the Numbers
How to Find Z-Courses
The College offers Z-Courses in a variety of academic programs and subject areas.
- Go to Owl Link.
- Scroll down to “search for credit courses.”
- Select “additional search options.”
- Select the upcoming term from the dropdown list.
- Select the subject area from the dropdown list.
- Under “course type” scroll down the dropdown menu and select “zero cost textbooks.”
- Submit to view the College’s available Z-Courses in your subject area.
Check out the Prince George's Community College bookshelf on LibreTexts for online texts that students and faculty can directly access for their class activities.