PGCC is celebrating its 65th anniversary as a prominent regional leader in education and empowerment for Prince George’s County residents. The College was established in 1958 and became the first educational institution to integrate in Prince George's County, with classes held at Suitland High School in Forestville, MD, for a total count of 185 students.
PGCC relocated and opened its Largo campus in 1968. In the following years, the College experienced rapid growth, ultimately providing service to over 40,000 students. To better serve its growing student population, the College expanded and opened a secondary location on Joint Base Andrews and the following additional sites: Laurel College Center, Skilled Trades Center, and University Town Center.
To ensure high-impact educational practices and learning experiences, PGCC embarked on several construction projects to open its modern Center for Health Studies, Culinary Arts Center, and Center for Performing Arts buildings. In 2025, the College will open the newly rebuilt Marlboro Hall, with classes starting in the spring semester.
PGCC continues to offer diverse programs and services for everyone, such as the tuition-free SAGE program for Maryland residents age 60 and older, degree and certificate programs in business and entrepreneurship, public safety and law, transportation and distribution, education, and many more.